Last day of May, so I thought I would get back to blogging again!
Ever since deadline I have been trying to chill, relax and just breathe, but at the same time I have been pro-active too! Apologies for the absence. Now that I am back, I shall fill you in with exciting stuff (both illustration and life related):
2. I had the chance to talk to the lovely Maria Midttun (an ex graduate and tutor from my uni) and she gave me this really cool zine, on how to make a zine! She is so lovely, and really funny too! I had contacted her even before my foundation, and to get to talk to her personally felt surreal.
(The bright pink risograph above is Maria's)
3. My very good friend, Alea, gave me this picture book called No Such Thing, by Ella Bailey completely by surprise and now I will use it as inspiration for my own work.
4. I went to the oceanarium for the first time in Bournemouth, and fell in love with the sea critters! Especially this turtle.
6. I have become a lot more happier, and that itself has made me a much more confident illustrator. And also, removing some negativity has also been an important decision.
7. I have been more experimental in terms of my style and how I carry myself. Gaining a strong opinion of the world, observing it, being curious and open (which again, I think is quite important for any illustrator).
8. If I can still remember, I still have size 3 feet.
9. I have entered 4 designs for Oh Deer/ Creative Safari's online card competition. Even if my designs do not get chosen, I will definitely get round to selling them as cards as soon as possible! Please like, tweet and share my design, the competition is still open! (Link: http://creativesafari.com/competition-entry/beautiful-dreamer/)
(Link: https://www.facebook.com/gianneillustrates) Please give it a like!
12. I am feeling very motivated, excited and enthusiastic about entering my 2nd year at university in late September! I honestly cannot wait.
Starting tomorrow I am doing something exciting, something that I do annually every year. Something to do with drawing.