Apologies everyone, I am going into learning journal mode...
24th February-3rd March 2014
What has been achieved?
- To break down certain tasks, I made several lists in order to know what tasks to complete.
- I have set myself mini goals, for example getting a double page spread of research within an hour.
- Generally, I have began feeling more motivated for this project, which I think is a great achievement because I'm not as anxious as I was before.
- I feel like I am becoming less distracted, finding myself more occupied in doing work
- I have looked at some contemporary examples of contemporary children's illustrators (and have been building my ever growing library of children's books for inspiration)
- I have been updating my bibliography as I have been conducting more research for the project.
Books filled with sticky notes
|My workspace with my board of motivational quotes to keep me going.|
|My array of children's books which I am hoarding in my room -most of which are charity shop finds. Hopefully I'll have towers of these books over the years!|
- I feel that making lists is helpful, as this indicates my next step of actions.
- For once I have started annotating my research/ work early on in the sketchbooking process(within my previous projects I was just lazy with annotation and tried to avoid it until the last minute, which was a bad habit of mine!)
- I have started using the online resources on the AUCB Library website, looking at e-books, online journals and TV programmes related to issues and subjects to my theme.
|On the Ebrary site I can type in a given word and this would highlight where it's located in sections of the book, it's so helpful!|
Box of Broadcasts- containing TV programmes, films and radio.
- Having conducted my initial bits of research I realized that I don't often look at the news and contemporary issues, which is a shame because I may not have the knowledge to identify with modern day problems.
- I am still quite slow with generating sketchbook pages as I do often worry about the layout and presentation.
|I just take absolutely ages just to complete one page, on the plus side, I've stopped drawing guide lines!|
- Start looking at news websites such as BBC or the Guardian more often to gain a broad understanding of what is happening within contemporary society.
- Definitely start picking up the pace of generating sketchbook work (maybe try not to worry too much about presentation?)
- Within my next stage of research state why and how I might use certain information to guide my work.
- Try to use technical vocabulary within my annotations to display certain devices I am going to utilise.
Well, that's about it from me...I find the learning journal is so tedious! But it's quite an important requirement for the foundation course. I shall be back next time, and hopefully over the next couple of weeks/months I'll be able to show the journey of my project in terms of creating the book itself, which I know won't be easy. I just gotta work hard and keep motivating myself!
C'est la vie...