Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Head vs The Heart

Hello again my lovely viewers of Blogger!

I have no idea who has been visiting my blog, but if you are one of these people then I want to thank you so much because I have nearly reached 5000 page views! But in all seriousness though, I don't really think it's about the views, I just want people to visit my blog and come away thinking that they have heard my voice through my illustrations, photos and the stories that I narrate. And also to become inspired; I have always wanted to inspire people, or at least make them smile for a couple of seconds. 

Just...I just can't believe that it's been a year since I've been on Blogger and I have had the most fun, weirdest and epic journey to get here, where I am today. So thank you so much guys! You're the best!

So, just to update you all, my birthday passed recently (oh no!) and I have realised a few things, as you do, when you grow up a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I still love being a child at heart but sometimes, facing responsibilities and those kinds of things really scares me! It's the circle of life Gianne, get over it...

Ok, let's talk about something that seems more exciting, because I do think I talk way too much sometimes. Let me show you some pictures instead!

One of the things that I have always wanted is this drawing easel. I am so grateful for receiving this and I can't wait to actually start drawing on it! During my foundation days I had to make a make-shift one, with a 'clipboard' drawing board and a funky looking canvas easel, which was kinda awkward! Now I have something smooth-ish, strong and professional looking to draw on! When I was taking these photographs I thought, "I feel like I'm doing a product review!' 

It is, but I haven't actually used it that much yet, har har...














Since I have been feeling ill from the last couple of days (summer sniffles and headaches), I have had no choice but to stay inside. I found some of my childhood drawings and it just bought back so many memories of when I was in nursery. Collage was one of my favourites, along with origami and hand-lettering. These 3 things are still actually what I am interested in and I didn't realise it at the time, but I somehow incorporated these 3 elements within my book, for my final major project during my foundation! 





This poster (or card?) is definitely one of my favourites!
                




But yeah, if anyone is curious to know where this easel came from, it was from the Range. They have a brilliant supply of art materials and for really good prices too, considering the quality. I will let you know how I get on with this easel as I want to conduct some personal projects over the summer.


I am going to look so vain right now, but I just wanted to post this before and after selfie:


The one on the left is a selfie I took last year in 2013, a few weeks into my foundation year at AUB. The one on the right is a selfie I took earlier today, after finishing my foundation year at AUB. In just a few months I can safely say that I have definitely transformed. Not just because of my haircut (well, maybe) but because at one point I just made the brave decision to change myself as a person. I have become more confident with myself and I have respected myself a lot more during the process. And because of that, I have never felt happier.

I have realised that it all starts by yourself, and soon enough little things around you will start to change too. Not dramatically, but eventually.

This is the link to when I first started on Blogger, age 18, when it all began. Start from the beginning if you are curious to see how far I have come:


Anyway, thank you for reading! (I hope I haven't talked too much!)
I will see you again soon, in 5 days time when I finish my 30 day challenge. 

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment