Thursday 31 December 2015

New Uni Project: Narrative

First of all, apologies for not posting on my blog over a month- the Christmas holidays have just passed!

Our new unit for this project is called Narrative, where we can devise our own story or work with an existing text to illustrate. 

Since my biggest interest in Illustration is children's books, I plan to illustrate and write my own narrative for this project. I've picked the theme of Collections to work with- and I wanted it to weave through additional themes that relate such as stealing and honesty; ownership and having a sense of responsibility. At the moment, things are a bit 'blurry' in terms of the direction of work, and these are just initial ideas- hopefully they will develop over the course of the next upcoming year.



Shown above are some initial sketches, and perhaps a possible protagonist (I have yet to decide if my character should be an animal or human). My next steps now would be to produce some storyboards, research narrative theory on the side (for my essay too) and just start drawing.

Last post of 2015! My new year's resolution for 2016 is to be a lot more pro-active with drawing as I don't think I draw personal stuff enough on top of my uni projects. I will try my hardest to do this, and I hope that my drawing will show improvement over time. Here's to another year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment