Saturday 27 September 2014

1st Week At Uni

Just got through the first hurdle after a week of uni. Not gonna lie this week has been pretty weird and unproductive if I do say so, we've just had loads of talks/ presentations and inductions...hopefully it'll get a bit more exciting soon! At the moment I'm just trying to settle in. There are quite a lot of talented illustrators on my course...there's 71 of us altogether and there's just too many of us!

If I'm being completely honest I actually haven't made a lot of friends yet, I'm usually very shy with people at first and it takes me a while to get comfortable when I do show my confident side. Normally I am quite sociable but I am quite the introvert sometimes! I hope as the course progresses I'll be able to work more collaboratively with other people, there hasn't really been much of a chance as we've only had inductions, presentations and such. 

Anyway, on a more brighter side I'm actually back home for the weekend because I've been feeling a little bit homesick (more homesick than I thought I would be!)...plus I've just purchased a laptop so this will mean I will be blogging more often! I don't know how I nearly survived without one last year when I did my foundation year. For those of you that don't know, or are new to my blog, I have just started my degree in Illustration at the Arts University of Bournemouth, having also completed my foundation year there too.

Here are a couple of snapshots from this week:



-My summer project-
For our summer project we had to either illustrate a real or imagined place, and I opted for the imaginary as I thought this would be more fun... and surprisingly it turned out that way! I spent quite a long time thinking about it, eventually coming up with this idea. Painting it was a pain but I thoroughly enjoyed making it. I used gouache and tried to make my map as exciting and fun as I could- I created a little art community/ village.

We were put into small groups, and the summer project was just a little ice breaker, just discussing our styles, techniques, etc. I was glad to receive some good reactions/ comments from my map and liked the fact that there was such a diverse approach in what the people in my group produced.







-Weymouth-
We visited Weymouth on Thursday to do some reportage drawing for the day. It was my first time there and the place was so lovely and full of charm.


























I'm so so sorry about the quality of these images of my reportage drawings, I don't have a scanner at the moment so I just have to use what I have at the moment, which is the iPad. When I go to uni I'll probably get round to using the scanners there. 

Okay so I think I've rambled a little bit. But yeah, the first week over...only another 3 more years to go! 

Thank you for reading and I will promise to keep you guys updated with my uni adventures!

Gianne.

No comments:

Post a Comment