Sunday 19 October 2014

Into The Forest

Earlier this week we had storyteller Michele O'Brien come in to tell us some folk tales, and our task is to respond to this narrative through drawing, in a personal way.


-Etching induction-

(My prints would have turned out alright if I hadn't burnt a section of my metal plate! )



-New Forest-











-Sketchbook-

Some of my spontaneous sketches as the storyteller was performing the narrative (first two images below). They're not the best looking sketches ever I know, but had to draw quite quickly to respond and visualize what was happening within the story...or soon rather, a series of stories that merged into one another, which was quite unexpected.








-No Nibs Workshop-
We had this workshop where we weren't allowed to use traditional materials such as pencils, pens, brushes, and converted to using rather unusual things such as pasta, green beans, string, basically anything but the things we would normally draw with. I wasn't too particularly pleased with most of my outcomes, but here's one that I liked, using green beans and ink:


To tell you the truth, I have been procrastinating a little bit (just a little!) so I'm a bit stuck at the moment. 

Next week we're going on a second trip to the New Forest to gain more inspiration and hopefully I'll let you know how I'm getting on with the project (yikes). What a great start eh?  I'll figure it out soon.

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment