Friday 10 October 2014

Miniature Bournemouth (Part 2)

Just finished the second brief...can't believe everything is going so fast! As I mentioned last week, our task was to create a miniature section of Bournemouth in 3D, working with a scale of only 10 x 10 x 10 cm! 




The four images above aren't mine- I took these from our university gallery, serving good inspiration for my piece.






My miniature: 






I found it so hard working within such a small scale, normally I like working big so this was quite difficult. After viewing what the others have done I could perhaps been a bit more clever and creative with my miniature piece. Overall I thought it lacked something- I could have portrayed something unique within the beach huts instead of just displaying the obvious. But I guess I've learnt my lesson, and hopefully I'll take this and move forward with the next upcoming project. 


New project starts next week and to me it sounds quite appealing as it involves narrative, which I love! I have to be honest, I wasn't too particularly pleased with this project's outcome; I'm always looking for ways to improve and so next time I will try to be more creative and playful.

I've got the weekend free now so maybe I'll draw and upload some personal sketches soon.

As always, thank you for reading and visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment