Wednesday 26 November 2014

Time Warp

Here are the links from my Pinterest boards that helped me informed the projects for this introductory unit:




So bad at blogging recently...apologies! Well another projects gone and it's hand-in and assessment day in a couple of days, which I am now starting to panic a little bit. 

Just realized I never had the time to post some work from the last project of this unit, which was called The Time Machine. Our group wanted to go back in time, to save people from the past from natural disasters so that they somehow benefit the future and make a difference.

Everyone had different roles and I was in charge of illustrating the location visuals and we decided on Pompeii, when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. 


So this is what it would look like if we were to save someone from that time, with ash, lava, smoke everywhere:



Can't believe we've finished a whole unit since I've started uni. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really worried that I don't have enough work for assessment. Looking back I don't think I've produced the best work that I should have done- this is probably due to me procrastinating (a really bad habit of mine!), not spending my time wisely...I just found it quite difficult motivating myself from the last couple of weeks. Another thing I did was comparing myself to other people which I know is probably not a good thing if you're an artist/ illustrator- and this has caused me to make me feel like my work isn't good enough. Gosh, I'm really selling myself short aren't I? That's just how I've been feeling recently...I feel that blogging can help me track of what I need to improve the next time around.

I'm sorry for all this negative vibe I've been typing on my blog. I haven't been in the best mood recently. Within the next unit I will really try to work harder than I what I did last time and organize my time more accordingly, rather than constantly comparing myself to others and end up worrying and not getting as much work done.


Speak to you soon,


No comments:

Post a Comment