Thursday 28 April 2016

Research

Throughout the project I have been constantly researching the history of the Beatles, how the band formed, who went out of the group etc...

These were some materials I quickly read upon during my research; the band history itself was quite confusing altogether so I had to find a way to convey things simply without bombarding too much information in my animation. I managed to write down a list of the main band changes (regarding band names, band members) and hopefully the narrative animation sequence which I'll upload soon will make sense. I did have this idea in the beginning that I might add words in the animation but now having done a lot of experimentation, I don't think it's necessary, as the scenes and characters should be able tell the story themselves, without being too literal. 



As well as research about the Beatles themselves, I do tend to go out and seek for other sources of inspiration, and unexpectedly came across some vintage records...



Since the majority of my work were cutouts, of course I had to reference Matisse- and from him I was influenced by his bold use of colour and simplicity, how everything seems to be in balance somehow. 






As well as books, I've taken reference from animations on Youtube- I didn't notice it at the time, but I think I was somehow influenced by the interactivity between the hands/ cutouts from the animations shown below...




Will upload my final stop motion animation soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment